COSTIÈRES DE NÎMES BETWEEN INNOVATION AND TRADITION
Visit an Estate that gives preference to environmentally-friendly methods and original vinification. A few miles away, we will meet one of the very first wine growers to produce organic wine.
- Original vinification methods
- Organic wine growing and vinification
- Landscapes and a terroir representative of the Costières de Nîmes
Programme for the day :
Visit to two estates and wine tasting
The first vineyard is located in the most southern part of the Rhone Valley. The Estate's philosophy gives preference to quality rather than quantity and proposals character wines. You will discover gentle and original vinification methods such as small oak barrels or concrete jars, and you will taste the wines from this production. In a neighbouring village, we'll meet a winemaker who produces wine from grapes from organic farming and organic wine-making methods. He will tell you about production methods that help develop the natural characteristics of the wines.
Practical information :
Price: €35 for the half day that you can supplement with a meal and/or visit to a "Manade" (Camargue bull ranch).
Morning from 9am to 12pm or afternoon from 3pm to 6pm with a minimum of 4 participants.
The meeting place will be determined according to your place of residence
To complete our visits :
We provide 2 meal options :
• Wine Grower's Picnic : A picnic served at the second estate visited
- Local products: cooked meats, seasonal vegetables, cheese, fresh fruit, wine from the Estate, water
€15 per person
• Meal : A meal served in one of our partner restaurants
- Perfectly matched food and wine
€25 per person
Visit a Camargue bull ranch
- Visit in small groups
- Stroll among the bulls
- Meeting with enthusiasts
- Personalised welcome from the ranch owner
We then take a 4-wheel drive or cart into the field to meet the bulls, cows and Camargue horses.
Price: €30 per person
This tour will begin in the Camargue after the meal, with an expected return around 5:30pm.
- with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Customised tour in small groups of 2 to 8 people
- Transport in a comfortable 9-seater air-conditioned vehicle
- A driver who's enthusiasm for the region and its wines is contagious
- A selection of estates, each with its special features and characteristics
- Short distances between the various estates and visits