All costieres de nimes wines lead to Rome
Visit a 17th century Mas (farmhouse) built on the remains of a Gallo-Roman cellar, which produces "Roman archaeological wines" then a family vineyard near the Pont du Gard, crossed by the remains of the Roman Aqueduct.
- Forgotten Roman remains
- Tasting "2000-year old" wine
- Reconstructed Gallo-Roman cellar
Programme for the day :
Visit an estate and its Gallo-Roman cellar - wine tasting
You will visit an Estate with a genuine Gallo-Roman cellar and restored Roman vineyard. You will test the reconstituted "Roman archaeological wines" vinified in the cellar and flavoured according to recipes from Latin authors. You will also taste traditionally-vinified Costières de Nîmes wines.
Then we will go to an Estate near the Pont du Gard. Its magnificent recently-built cellar has the distinction of being crossed by tunnels, built by the Romans, that supplied water to the city of Nîmes from the Pont du Gard. You will taste pleasant, characteristic, high quality wines that fully express the Costières de Nîmes terroir.
Practical information :
Price : €35 for the half day that you can supplement with a meal and/or visit to a "Manade" (Camargue bull ranch).
Morning from 9am to 12pm or afternoon from 3pm to 6pm with a minimum of 4 participants.
The meeting place will be determined according to your place of residence
To complete our visits :
We provide 2 meal options :
• Wine Grower's Picnic : A picnic served at the second estate visited
- Local products: cooked meats, seasonal vegetables, cheese, fresh fruit, wine from the Estate, water
€15 per person
• Meal : A meal served in one of our partner restaurants
- Perfectly matched food and wine
€25 per person
Visit a Camargue bull ranch
- Visit in small groups
- Stroll among the bulls
- Meeting with enthusiasts
- Personalised welcome from the ranch owner
We then take a 4-wheel drive or cart into the field to meet the bulls, cows and Camargue horses.
Price: €30 per person
This tour will begin in the Camargue after the meal, with an expected return around 5:30pm.
- with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Customised tour in small groups of 2 to 8 people
- Transport in a comfortable 9-seater air-conditioned vehicle
- A driver who's enthusiasm for the region and its wines is contagious
- A selection of estates, each with its special features and characteristics
- Short distances between the various estates and visits