Châteauneuf du Pape
As early as the 14th century the Popes, who appreciated wine from the region, gave preference to planting a sizeable vineyard around Avignon and had their summer residence built in Chateauneuf du Pape. The quality of these wines acknowledged worldwide and their fame continued to grow.
- Tasting of exceptional wines
- Explanations on the 13 grape varieties making up the appellation
- Chateauneuf du Pape visit
Programme for the day :
The Mediterranean, Rhône, climate, and of course man have modelled an exceptional "terroir" over thousands of years. The Popes at the outset, and then the successive generations of winemakers have always been the forerunners and visionaries. You will discover two winegrowers from this long tradition who will introduce their vines, preparation method and ageing of wines that you will then be able to enjoy.
Practical information :
Price : € 55 for the half day that you can supplement with a meal and/or visit to a "Manade" (Camargue bull ranch).
Morning from 9am to 12pm or afternoon from 3pm to 6pm with a minimum of 4 participants.
The meeting place will be determined according to your place of residence
To complete our visits :
We provide 2 meal options :
• Wine Grower's Picnic : A picnic served at the second estate visited
- Local products: cooked meats, seasonal vegetables, cheese, fresh fruit, wine from the Estate, water
€15 per person
• Meal : A meal served in one of our partner restaurants
- Perfectly matched food and wine
€25 per person
Visit a Camargue bull ranch
- Visit in small groups
- Stroll among the bulls
- Meeting with enthusiasts
- Personalised welcome from the ranch owner
We then take a 4-wheel drive or cart into the field to meet the bulls, cows and Camargue horses.
Price: €30 per person
This tour will begin in the Camargue after the meal, with an expected return around 5:30pm.
- with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Customised tour in small groups of 2 to 8 people
- Transport in a comfortable 9-seater air-conditioned vehicle
- A driver who's enthusiasm for the region and its wines is contagious
- A selection of estates, each with its special features and characteristics
- Short distances between the various estates and visits